Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Looking fror a bird, found an adorable echidna!

I went to Riddells Creek today to try and find a Diamond Dove that has been recently reported by a few birders. The wild status of this bird is completely unknown. It could well be an aviary escapee, but it is certainly behaving like a wild bird. I eventually found it after a good, long search, and only saw it for a few seconds before it was gone. Luckily my camera takes about 7 frames per second, so I managed to get some distant but identifiable photos.

Diamond Dove
I then moved on to nearby Mount Macedon, a place that I sometimes visit with my family, and a place that I always find at least one Flame Robin.

Flame Robin
Then, on the way home, I saw a prickly looking lump out of the car window. I piled on the brakes, raced out of the car, and spent about 20 minutes with this amazing echidna. I have not seen one in the wild for a long time, and it was an absolute joy to see and photograph this one!






http://andrewallenphotography.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment